Saturday, June 12, 2010

New guests


It's Saturday, so I slept in. Chris got up to talk to the voices. I had a headache so I stayed in bed until I was able to get rid of it. Then I had breakfast, got on the computer, etc. Then Hannah called. She asked me to keep her dogs for a few days until they were ready to fly out since their furniture was gone and they were staying at the DHL which doesn't take pets. I said yes, and she and her husband brought the dogs and their cages over. They are fairly low maintenance: two meals and three potty breaks. But they would have nothing to do with us. The few pics I got are not good. They like hiding under Michele's bed. Since Chris and Michele spent the day on their computers, I did likewise. I tried to find the best brand of skillet to replace the one that broke. I still have no idea, but I know more than I bargained for about stainless steel. Then I happened upon a website DLD123.com called Green Living Q&A. I found out about so much more than just environmentally friendly cookware. It has all kinds of advice for people who have multiple chemical sensitivity or MCS. I also have a window open on www.weallsew.com/sew-to-serve. It is a list of organizations that need sewers to make items for their target group (blankets for babies, etc). Romaric came over about 6 and Chris made supper. We all talked for awhile before I retired back to my computer. Oh, we put out food for the dogs but they didn't eat. Later I got out handfuls to pitch at them one piece at a time. Before too long, they were eating out of my hand, but wouldn't eat out of the bowl. Around 10:30 we took them out to pee. It was rainy and wet. But they did not take long. When we came back, we took off their leashes, wiped their paws (she left baby wipes), and put them in their cages for the night. Then Faye Skyped me and we talked for an hour before we both had other things to do - like post to my blog. After all, we have to up and dressed by 8 to take the dogs out for their early morning business.

No comments: