Friday, June 18, 2010

No doubt it is Michele


I got up early to make a sandwich, and discovered that I had left the pork in the crock pot out all night. My initial reaction was to get upset and castigate myself all day, but instead I calmly put it in the fridge and went back to bed. I got up again at 9, had breakfast, got on the computer, finished my book, got Skyped by Keith, and then it was almost lunchtime. I Swiffered the floor, which I had been intending to do since the dogs left. Then I mashed up 2 hard boiled eggs with coconut oil, kimchi juice, ginger, and cayenne powder. Not too bad. I spent the afternoon looking at skillets, narrowed it to one to show Chris, then turned my attention to finding organic chemical-free fabric on the internet. I figured to buy enough to make one outfit, just to see if I feel better wearing it. Can't run around naked, can I? (No, Chris, I really can't) I also make another loaf of bread, and read some Poe stories from Michele's literature book. I finally chose to order an organic sheet, figuring that there is lots of fabric in it. But when I got to the end of checkout, it said there was no shipping option for my address. Phoey! So I send them an e-mail, but haven't heard back yet. When Chris got home, I showed him the porcelain-enameled cast iron skillet-like item that I had chosen. He was fine with it. It is a 4.86-Quart Casserole with Grill Pan Lid that goes in the oven or stovetop, and the lid doubles as a 10" fry pan. I hope we like it as much as the people who reviewed it. I also tried to make a copy of the DVD of Michele and two classmates reenacting the last scenes from the movie "Doubt". As yet we have not succeeded. I got a Skype message from Faye and called her back, We talked for a little while, traded schedules, then hung up. It is after 11 now.

No comments: