Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Julia comes to sew


I will try to get pics uploaded tomorrow. For now, this was my day:
Got up early to make a sandwich (which he did not eat because there was a going-away luncheon for the dogs' owner). I went back to bed but got up to walk the dogs, with Michele's help. I found a few other things to do (like breakfast) then went to the thrift shop. The shop manager asked me once again if I could increase the number of days I come in (while she is leaving for 2 months). Deb brought in her two elementary age sons. I tried to keep them busy while she and others were in a meeting. I got a fair number of books shelved before I had to leave to go walk the dogs. Michele wasn't there to help me, so I walked them one at a time. Since they look alike, on-lookers must have thought I walked my dog twice. Then Julia came over, bringing fabric to make into a baby quilt, and her gi to be washed. She also had patches to be sewn onto the gi. So I showed her how to rotary cut and sew, and we worked until Chris came home and made supper. After supper, I sewed the patches on, lent her a camera (since hers bent) and walked her to the bus stop. She left her quilt materials here for next week. Michele fed the dogs at supper time, but they weren't much interested. However, we walked them at 10, and then Bella wanted to play ball. And they both ate from my hand. Finally I put them to bed, and resumed e-mail processing on my computer. One article said that affirmations as questions work better than affirmations as statements. So I am working on rewriting some of my affirmation tracks. Also, I still have not decided on a skillet. Any opinions on the best brand?

No comments: