Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sewing instruction


After breakfast I intended to wash the floor, or even clear e-mail. But all too soon I found myself reading the book from yesterday. Around 10 I tore myself away to take a shower and go to the thrift shop. There weren't that many books so I priced some of the non-book items that had found their way into the book bin. I also tried to straighten the books on the shelves, until the light went out. Apparently that had happened before. But no one could come out to look at it until next week. But after much discussion, the light came back on. Why? I finished straightening the books. I stopped to have lunch and count puzzle pieces. Fascinating job and someone has to do it. Thankfully MaryAnn was working today. Time always passes so much faster and better when I am giving her a hard time:) Ella the manager came in to do some last minute shopping with her kids before their plane left. I never saw anyone cut it so close. I left around 2, went back to the apt, swept the floor, and did a little decluttering. My new sewing student arrived a little after 2:30. We made a pillowcase together, and then she had to leave with her mother to catch a bus. I got on the internet and looked at skillets again, this time cast iron ones with a ceramic glaze. Chris had put pork and veggies in the crock pot this morning and it was very aromatic by 4. So I had to have a bowl. I added water to cool it down. And yet when the spices hit my throat, I felt like I could breathe fire. Oh my word! I didn't think I was going to die, I just hoped I would. Ice water didn't help. I tried cheese, and finally a hardboiled egg. The egg yolk did the trick. Phew! I got back on the computer for awhile, then collected my stuff and headed for post. One of the items was a transformer that Cathy asked for to take with her on vacation. They are small, but ridiculously heavy. I was glad to reach the car and put it down. I arrived at the SPC by six. I started setting up and then Kinjal arrived to help. We had a good turnout. Some were beginners that had never sewn before, but they did a good job. Kinjal showed us how to make breastfeeding covers. After class I meant to call Chris for a ride home, but I had left my phone at the apt. So I parked at the lot and walked around to Gate 52 and then home. He arrived an hour later. I expected to be in the internet, but found myself reading the book again. I used to love to read books - before there was an internet. *pics tomorrow*

No comments: