Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bordering

I went back to sleep after the alarm went off. I wanted to get up on time so we could Skype my parents with some good news. But we didn't. So Chris set my computer up with his account so I could call. But it didn't work until after I rebooted it. During the reboot I fixed breakfast and took my vitamins. 10 minutes later I turned red as a beet, and was so hot I felt like I had a fever. Kinda nice to be warm for once. Anyway, if I hadn't read about the side effects of niacin, I would have been worried. It wore off as I knew it would with no problems. But I will have to work up to that dosage.
When I called my parents, I told them I had hired Kevin to help them out on Tuesdays. They were surprised, then hopeful. They can really use the help.
Chris and Michele played with the voices all morning. I was on my computer clearing e-mail and reading articles. Then I went into my sewing room to finish unfinished projects which are taking over my sewing space. Not to mention, I am supposed to make another block for a donation quilt and the scraps I need are in that unfinished pile somewhere. Chris went to the commissary and I went with him. We bought fruit, and bison, and cheese, etc. We got it home and Michele put most of it away. Chris started two vegetarian pizzas for supper. Romaric comes over Sat. evenings and is vegetarian. Well, I didn't want to eat pizza, so I made my own supper of bison, garlic, celery, tomatoes, and spinach. While they gamed, I did a few Sudoku puzzles, and then went back to sewing. I finish putting piping and borders on a Christmas tablerunner, and cut more rug strips with the leftovers I found along the way. Finally I found the scraps I was looking for. I had to look up a pic on the computer to see which fabrics I used, and never got off. There was more e-mail to clear, and I bought and printed my ticket to the Tokyo Quilt Festival. Now it is time to go to bed.

1 comment:

Crissie said...

Happy New Year Fern...
Love your table runner~
I took Niacin ONCE... scared me so bad, I thought something was going wrong with me and my husband was not home! I'd never had that feeling before, my hands started tingling and then I turned red too... That was the last time I took it, I no longer take anythiing unless my doctor tells me it's okay! I have dizzy spelling from time to time and my b-i-l told me he was taking Niacin for that problem.
Be Safe.......