Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shelving

Chris' alarm went off early, but he didn't get up because today is a training holiday. Because I had gone to bed early, I was ready to get up, and I did. I sewed for awhile, did my exercises, and had breakfast. Then we took a shower, and I got ready to go to the thrift shop. I dropped off some recyclables on the way. Getting there took longer than I expected because I had to scrape the car windows. It was a shame to disturb the pretty patterns of frost. As you might expect, it was cold out: cold enough to freeze a nostril, which could be really bad when blowing one's nose.
There were plenty of books to shelve at the thrift shop, and not so much space to shelve them in. Hence, the double rows on shelves. But I did get them all shelved, and had time to go through all the magazines and pull out the ones from 2009 plus January and February of 2010. I also marked down the Stargate SG-1 seasonal DVD sets. All 8 seasons take up a lot of room, which we need. Two 4-packs of yarn came in and I bought both of them thinking Michele would like them. I left about 2:30 and went home. I had lunch and got on my computer. Between audios and video clips (yoga this time), I was there until after supper. Chris went to post to help Michele buy new earbuds, and then he paid the cash deposit that the travel agent insisted on. When he got home, I suggested that he call the real estate agent to get a plumber. She suggested a drain cleaner. So he went back to post to get that. Thankfully, it did the job. For supper he browned ground bison, and tomatoes and onions with barley. I had frozen blueberries with fermented coconut milk for dessert. Now I just have time to do a little more sewing before turning in for the night. * pic from quilt show *

No comments: