Sunday, January 16, 2011

'Charm'ing

If ever there was a day to stay home from church, this was it. The thermometer on the glassed in porch read 10 F and the lady in back of me in church said it was 0 F outside. Either way, it was COLD! But we did go to church, and because of the weather, I wore pants. I had two pairs of gloves, and wished for a second pair of socks. After church we went to the commissary for groceries. We called Michele to meet us at the door to the apt building to help carry the bags up. She helped me put our purchases away. She and Chris spent most of the rest of the day on their computers. Chris tried to wash the sheets, but the hoses to the washing machine were frozen. Then about 4pm the two of them went to post to see a movie. I stayed home to sew. Actually, I did more cutting than sewing. I worked on charm squares. I must have 1300 by now, but I need 1600 for the quilt. Guess I'd better go to Dongdaemun tomorrow and buy more fabric!

* Here is a pic of the flowers in church, taken from the side. They look very different than they do from the front. *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can send you some charm squares on Tues.
AL