Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quilting

I set the alarm for 8 last night and made the sandwich, leaving it in the fridge. But when the alarm went off, I stayed in bed for awhile. But then I got up and did all the usual things. About 10:45 I grabbed the quilt top I made last night and headed for the thrift shop. The book bin was full, but not with books. Other things have crept in. But there were boxes of books left in the bin outside. So I had plenty to shelve. A large percentage of them were children's chapter books. There is a man who is collecting them to give to a Korean school, so I put the new ones out, and boxed the old ones for him. He will be very pleased. A little after 2 I took a break to eat from my can of nuts, and then headed over to the AnC center where Cathy was starting a quilt. I thought we were going to do a QOV and figured I could throw my own on after that. But Cathy decided to do the QOV later, and brought 4 of her own quilts to do. I helped her do the first three, but we didn't finish the third one (see pic). She said she would help me do mine tomorrow. At 5 I went home and got there at the same time as Chris. He made supper and we ate while watching MacGyver. Just finished season 2, and fell asleep on the couch. Then I got out my quilt top with the intention of adding 4 inch borders. I tried auditioning several colors, but wasn't satisfied with any of them. So I think a pieced border might do it. I was cutting the pieces when I realized that it was time for Faye to Skype me. So I ran to my computer, but she wasn't there. I had just given up when she 'called'. We talked for half an hour, but the call suddenly ended and we could not reestablish the connection. So now I am posting and going to bed. Guess I will do the border in the morning. I also have to pay for my plane ticket to Japan for the Tokyo Quilt Festival.

No comments: