Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day

We slept in again. Is this becoming a bad habit? Anyway, on a normal Saturday Chris and Michele would do on-line gaming - what I call 'talking with the voices'. But the voices weren't talking today. So they were on their computers while I had breakfast with mine. I tried to eliminate a lot of e-mails (like I did last New Year's Day). I got through three and a half months worth. I forgot to check how many e-mails were in my inbox before and after, so I cannot quantify my success. Then I resewed some of the binding on my quilt because the bottom edge got caught in the stitching. I pinned the first corner, and then sat in the living room to watch MacGyver episodes while handsewing the other side of the binding. I had to wear my grandmothers glasses to see properly. This went on until supper time. Romaric arrived to play their weekly game. I finally finished the quilt and put it away, to get back to deleting email. Only this time I found myself listening to audio clips. The last one was over 90 minutes. It is another future visioning session. My resolution this year is to spend less time on the computer and more time in my sewing room.
* You have seen the front of the quilt before, so here is the back. Hope you can see the quilting stitches. *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

quilting stitches are beautiful.

Fern said...

Thank you very much. But I must give the Statler its due credit.