Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ironing

Soon after the alarm went off, I heard the door open and close. That got me curious enough to get out of bed. Michele said it woke her up and she thought it was me. Turns out it was Chris. I went through my usual morning routine. After checking e-mail, I clipped the corners from all the fabric that I bought. I got half in the washer and then I took a large piece of denim into the sewing room to cut and mark into backings. I found there were two left from last year so I only needed 3 more. But I cut extras just in case. When the first batch of fabric went into the dryer, I gave it 30 minutes to dry. But it came out dryer than I wanted it. However, it did iron well. I put the second batch into the machine. Chris called to say he would meet me at the gate at 3 and bring the passports. The second batch took longer to dry, which was strange because the dryer was already warmed up. I had just gotten it out and laid each piece neatly on the bed to await ironing, when it was time to leave. Chris met me at the gate, and we parked near gate 52. We walked to the travel agency off post. The lady needed to see our passports. She also needed some cash which we would have had if only she had told us beforehand. She seemd to think that dropping by again was easier than breathing. We walked back to base and Chris drove me to our gate. He went back to work and I went back to ironing. He was home before I was done. He made tortelini for himself and Michele. I cooked up some organic beef for me. I ran some MacGyver episodes in my sewing room to keep me company while I ironed and later sewed. I am now ready for class tomorrow. My final act before blogging was to make sandwiches for tomorrow and Friday.
* Another quilt from the quilt show *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty quilt. I like the subject and how they did "feathers" around it as a border. The stars are done nicely as well. Thanks for sharing the picture. AL