Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More quilting

The alarm went off at 8, but I didn't get up until 9:30. I guess I needed the sleep. I had breakfast, I read with my HappyLight, and I put pieced borders on the quilt top. It was after 1pm when I finished. I called Cathy and she said to call her when I left so she could meet me at the AnC center. It took awhile to get ready since I wasn't even dressed yet. But when I called her from my car, she didn't answer. So I decided to go to Moyer Rec and pay for my plane ticket. But just as I reached the fire house, I thought maybe she already went to the AnC center and left her phone at home. So I went to AnC. There she was, getting ready for my quilt. She helped me get it on the rollers, and pull up the design on the computer. When it started stitching, she went back home to her sick kids. Finishing the quilt was easy, but time-consuming. Each repetition of the block took 9 minutes. I didn't think it would finish before Moyer Rec closed. But then Ms. Kim was working up there with another quilter, so I asked if she would watch the machine while I zipped over to Moyer. Each row takes half an hour, so plenty of time. Paying did not take long since there was no line. But then Chris showed up, coincidentally, to check into possible family trips. So I stayed to give my input. The problem is that we have to go around the first week of Feb, and that is lunar new year - a big holiday here, so most flights are booked. Finally I got back to AnC, the row was finished and I did the last row, cleaned the machine, and paid for the thread and batting. I was home before 6. We ate supper and watched several episodes of MacGyver. Chris' parents Skyped us for a few minutes. I came in here to clear my inbox and unsubscribe from a few things - a corollary of my resolution to spend less time on the internet.
* Here is a pic of the pattern I stitched on the quilt. It is very hard to see on the quilt itself. *

No comments: