Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reading

After I blogged last night, I went to bed and read for awhile, then turned out the lights and put on my CD. While I was listening to that, Chris and Michele came home. Their voices were raised like they were having an argument. Then Chris came to bed.
I awoke to the sound of my alarm. I stayed in bed for a little bit, then Chris got up and I was going to do the same, but he handed me the book I couldn't find last night, and so I spent the morning reading it in bed. Later, I ate breakfast and spent some time with my computer. TQS was showing a video of Edyta who is famous for her scrap quilts. Well, she cuts her scraps from yardage so they aren't REAL scraps. I make them from pieces people would throw away (and sometimes have). Anyway, several of hers are made of many half square triangles so TQS is sponsoring a half square triangle swap. To make sure all the triangles are the same size, the rule is that you must use triangle paper. It is expensive paper, so I decided I could print my own using Powerpoint. So I did, and I tried it out. I had perfect 2 inch squares! Oh wait, that means they are only 1.5 inch when sewn. Back to the drawing board. When I had gotten it right, I was tired of that so I didn't 'field test' it. I cut borders for my floral on-point quilt. Then I finished the scrap baby quilt I started days ago. See pic. Romaric came over and Chris cooked a souffle and cranberry bread. After supper they gamed while I sewed. I would like to sew more tomorrow, but must pack to go to Japan. It could take all day.
And it is time for bed already. Have you heard "Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise"? I am doing well on the 'go to bed early' part. Getting up early is another story.

No comments: