Thursday, October 13, 2011

Aren't they beautiful?


i
Woke up around 8, did the breakfast and e-mail thing, showered and went to the thrift shop. Hardly anyone was there. I shelved books. Deb picked up two pizzas. They started eating around 11:40? Geri brought me sushi. Nyun left me a gift bag with two tiny plates on magnets. Ms. Chung, Geri, and Deb presented me with two Celadon vases signed by the artist. They are very beautiful and I was quite surprised. One is male and one is female. This is the female one. I did not unwrap the other one 'cause it was packed so well for shipping. It was a very small party. When I finished at 2, I went to the gas station gate. I walked into Itaewon and picked up the luggage tags that I ordered yesterday. When I got back, I sat on a tree stump to read in the sun. But the stump had sap on it and it stuck to my good gray pants. I went home to wash it off. Soap and water did not work, so I stuck my pants in the freezer. When they were frozen, I tried scraping it off. Then I let them thaw. I read e-mail for a bit, then went into my sewing room to find something for class tonight. I found my project pieces for the strip quilting project. So I packed several bags of strips for class. I also bagged up the old cones of thread, and a bag of 9x10 pieces leftover from another class years ago. Chris told me the landlord was coming over to see the apartment. What we didn't know is that she was showing to a potential renter. I would have cleaned up a little. Finally it was time to go. I grabbed all the bags and went to post. I was pretty early to the SPC. I set up tables, machines, an iron, rulers, etc. Then I sat in a chair to wait. Cathy came in to give me a little gift bag. It had a beautiful piece of fabric from Indonesia, and a CD of pictures from quilt shows, etc. She also had one copy of 9-patch Pizazz which had come in the mail. She let me read her quilt magazine as she went through the rest of her mail. Later Ruth Ann came in. She was surprised that none of the students were there. We chatted for a bit, then decided at 7:30 that no one was coming and to pack up. As we were packing, one lady came with her three quilt tops from last week. Cathy left, so Ruth Ann and I showed her how to put the quilt sandwich together. We love her color choices. Then we packed up and went out. Ruth Ann and I chatted outside for awhile, and then I went home, using the new automatic gate. Michele and Chris were both highly engaged in playing games on their laptops. I listened to an audio about the risk-benefit ratio of the flu vaccine, and then posted to my blog. Michele came in to ask for help with a 'puzzle' in her game. I tried to help. When she got tired of my help, she used my computer to google the answer. I chased her out of my chair and reclaimed the computer so I could finish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful vase!!
I'm sure the other one is quite nice too. Those purples sure look nice, too in the quilt top.
AL from CA

Fern said...

She got those purples at one of the luncheons. Can't believe I never saw them!