Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fall is here


Our new morning routine is that Chris showers, dresses, and goes to the lodging center to pick up breakfast food. I usually do the blog post that I meant to do the night before. Today was no exception. I read e-mail and fixed a breakfast as close to what I had in Korea as possible. I am running out of the ingredients. Some I have ordered on-line, others I need to find a new source for. The coconut milk that I started fermenting the other day wasn't 'turning' so I added another probiotic. Although Thursday looked like rain, Friday it actually was raining. Andrea e-mailed me about Craig's list and I checked it for rental listings. I found one I wanted to see. It is very close, lots of sq ft, and inexpensive. I contacted the rental agent and she said we couldn't see it until tomorrow. Chris came home at lunch with the packages we mailed just before we left Korea. One of them is my sewing machine. Hurray!
Since he did not have any meetings after lunch, we drove by the rental place. It was a rancher with a basement, squished between two other houses. I am not saying you could lean out the side window and shake hands with the neighbors, but it would be close. The yard has a privacy fence around it, and backs up to an elementary school. Then we went to Wal-Mart for a planner. They did not have the kind I used to buy there. We also went to the Px area to check the bulletin boards for cars. I stopped in at GNC for some Vit B.
All the trees we passed were so pretty in their fall dresses. Each day they seem to get more colorful. The rain did not wash away their colors. When we got home, I alternated reading a book with reading e-mail and listening to audios of health info. Chris took pictures of me with his new Blackberry, issued to him from the gov't. I find it odd that they issued him one when he can't take it or any kind of cell phone into his building. Security reasons.
As usual we were tired and went to bed at 8.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your sewing machine made it there safely. Happy House Hunting.
AL from CA

Fern said...

Yep, thanks.