Sunday, October 23, 2011

First full day in Huntsville


After breakfast, we read our e-mail. It was almost 1 when we went to the grocery store. We found a Publix. We got most of what we needed but not everything. I thought that being in the states I would have more choices about the food I bought, but they had no organic cheese or meat. I asked for an Asian market and was advised to go down the street to the right. So we did. It was a Vietnamese market. We bought coconut milk, and a small jar of kimchi, but there was no selection. We also got squid and some special kind of rice. When we got home, I tried the kimchi. It was ok, but was full of ginger. Chris baked a chicken for dinner, as well as broccoli in coconut oil, and the special rice. I sat outside barefoot and read for an hour. Then I came in. It had felt so good to be outside that I decided to sit on the porch with my laptop. It was too cold by then to be barefoot. Chris put a chair out there for me. I came in when supper was ready. It was very good, but I didn't eat as much as I usually do. After a while I felt better. I skyped my Mom and Dad. Then I skyped Kurt until the computer battery ran out of juice. I answered e-mail and read a few articles. Now it is getting hard to stay awake. Think I will go to bed now.

No comments: