Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day - productive




My husband stayed home today and Michele went to college. I spent the morning sewing sashing to the big blocks. Did I mention that when I stacked and cut the 18 inch blocks, there was an extra fabric in there. I realized this morning that it was supposed to be the sashing fabric. And now, instead of having 1/2 a yard, all I have is a fat quarter. Well, I made it work: 1 inch sashing and on the inside only. Chris copied files from my desktop computer to my laptop. Then he went to the bank to deposit money in Michele's account. But he forgot his passport, so I dressed and brought it to the gate. He had picked up my shoes from Mr. Bob. They were too tight, so I walked into Itaewon with him, stopping at the key maker's place. The man could not copy my key, but he sold me a lock with three keys to it. I went to see Mr. Bob and he stretched the shoes so that they were comfortable. Then I caught up with the fruit seller, and got some persimmons. Chris finished at the bank, and caught up with me. We walked back to post, and went through the automatic gate. At least, I did. It would not let Chris through. He had to see the guard. Then we went home. I put my new shoes on and they were back to being too tight. I wore them as I went back to sewing, and they got tighter and tighter, until I had to take them off. Weird. I spent the afternoon creating bra art with scraps of fabric. Chris put pork in the oven. It was not ready by supper time, so he and Michele ate leftovers and went to see "Cowboys and Aliens." I stayed home to watch "Wonderful World" with Matthew Broderick. It was just ok. I finished the QOV that I started last week. Chris plans to go to work tomorrow so I will make a sandwich before I go to bed.

No comments: