Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sitting in the Atlanta airport

Alarm went off at 5. Chris got up to take a shower. I slept until almost 6. I showered, had an almost normal breakfast of nuts, berries, supplements and the last of the fermented coconut milk. We quickly packed, and headed out to the bus. We just made the 6:30 bus. Chris had paid the bill last night so check-out was fast. At the airport, we had a little trouble finding the baggage check-in. Maneuvering with two very large rolling suitcases was difficult so we got a cart. After checking in, we went through security with no problem. Then we found our gate and waited. Chris had enough miles for priority seating. So we got to sit in economy early. Usually I do not sleep on planes, but was surprised to wake up when the plane took off. The flight was fairly uneventful. Neither of us had the aisle seat. I watched a bunch of movies. I really liked the movie "The Music Never Stopped" which was based on a true story. Then my eyes got tired so I put on eyeshades and listened to the pop/rock audios. But the songs kept reminding me of Michele. I cried off and on throughout the flight thinking of Michele. The food was reasonable, so all I ate of the food I brought was the seaweed. When we landed I was so glad to get up and walk. We had no trouble with immigration. Baggage claim took a little longer. Then we went through customs and re-checked our luggage. Finally we got to go through security again. Then we stopped at the restroom. I went first, and then ate the rest of my squid while waiting for Chris. We took a shuttle train to concourse C for our connecting flight to Alabama. When we got to the gate, I was going to post to my blog, but 1) internet wasn't free, and 2) we were missing the external wireless adaptor that Chris bought me yesterday to compensate for my laptop's inability to pick up a strong signal. So I decided to write my post in a txt file for later while Chris re-traced our steps to see if he can find the adaptor.

No comments: