Sunday, October 30, 2011

Huntsville Sew and Vac



Once again I am posting on the morning after. Yesterday I looked up the address for Huntsville Sew and Vac. I had seen an ad for their one-day sale on a quilting Yahoo group. Chris wanted me to patch a pair of pants, so we went over there for thread. I needed a bit of matching fabric too, but the lady said that the fusible stabilizer was just as strong, and it was dark enough to blend. She gave me a piece so I did not have to buy a package of it. She also gave my a flyer for the longarms they are selling. She called it a Tin Lizzie and says it comes with a computer and does really well with free motion quilting. They also have quite a range of batiks. Driving over there, we used the GPS and it took us on the freeway. I thought it was quite an ordeal, so I suggested we use the map and not go on the freeway. That got us home, but Chris commented all the way that he would have taken the freeway. When we got back, I washed the dishes and Chris fixed chicken soup with the leftover chicken. Then I sat outside in the sun and grass for an hour. It was a bit chilly so I wore my coat, but my feet were fine. Later the two of us took a walk on the fitness path around this neighborhood. We saw the disc golf courses. I had never heard of it, but apparently you play it with frisbees instead of a ball and a club. Supper was ready when we got back. I got to eat the giblets, some of my favorite parts. For some reason we did not have them in Korea. Then, before the sun went down, I fixed Chris' pants. I cut the piece of stabilizer in half, fused them over the hole at a 45 degree angle, then stitched over the hole. Another pair had been patched by the tailor who stitched a tight square spiral. I tried to do that, but it was too difficult to make the direction changes, so I ended up stitching up and back to cover the hole. It looked almost as good at the tailor's did. Oh, did I mention that the sewing box had a hole in it, and that part of the snap-on sewing table was showing? Gotta love the post office. At least the machine survived and sews ok. Another box I opened had supplements in it. So I was able to have a more normal breakfast yesterday and now today.
After supper we snuggled on the couch and watched "Paul". It is an alien movie that spoofs all the previous alien movies (E.T., Close Encounters, Aliens, etc). When it was over, we went to bed, not thinking of sleeping. Now that Michele is not here, we can do that whenever we want. I don't miss her as often as I thought I would because there is nothing here to remind me of her. But when I do think of her, it all comes rushing back.

No comments: