Sunday, October 16, 2011

First night in Michele's apt



First thing this morning, I got on VMIS to enter hours and certify submitted ones. I don't know why it wasn't working yesterday. I had breakfast, showered, and dressed for church. Michele had promised that she would pack today, but she was watching a movie when we left. We arrived on time. It was a normal service. Afterwards, the pastor had us and another couple come up to receive prayers for traveling. He gave Chris a chance to speak, and Chris spoke eloquently. For my turn, I said "What he said." We said goodbye to people individually. Then we met Hank, and Sinja and her husband at the Hartell House for lunch. It was an excellent buffet. We had a marvelous time. When that came to an end, we went to the Four Seasons to get a fuse for one of the transformers that we bought for Michele. No luck. We went to the commissary for a few groceries. No sense in stocking up. At home, Michele helped put away groceries. I changed to cleaning clothes. Michele had selected some jeans for me to use to patch her other jeans. Now!?!? Oh sure. So I spent part of the afternoon patching two pairs of jeans and a top. Any other mother would have told her to buy another pair. Six holes means they are worn out. But she picked out special fabric for the bigger holes and loves the effect. The movers arrived at 3. Chris and Michele pointed out what to take. I went around asking Michele if she wanted this or that. Chris left with them to let them into the apartment and show them where to put stuff. Then he walked home. I was preparing for Monday and also to spend the night with Michele in her new apartment. She and I had supper, but Chris was too full from lunch. Chris went through stuff, throwing some away and making a stack for keeping or donating. He put the 'get rid' pile in the car, and then the 'give to Michele' pile. When we were all ready, he drove us to post. I drove my car to gate 12 for access in the morning. We went to his office to use the bathroom, and then to Michele's apt. We carried up loads of stuff. Chris hooked up the Tv and VCR before he left. Michele and I cleaned her shelves, put up books, and threw out stuff left behind by the last tenant. Then I started cleaning in the kitchen while she folded her clothes and put them away. The backsplash was really greasy and I had to take breaks from scrubbing it. I sat beside Michele as she folded. When all her clothes were put away, she was ready to turn in. I wanted to blog so got out my laptop, but the signal wasn't strong enough in the livingroom (although Michele had no trouble). So I went into the 'other' bedroom where the router was. Then blogspot would not accept my password. The help page was in Korean which didn't help at all. However, Michele used Google translate and somehow we got in, but I had to change my password to do it. Hope I remember the new one. Now it is late and we need to get up early. We did not bring breakfast stuff so have to go 'home' to eat, shower, dress, and get the Monday stuff for quilting. I meant to take pics of the apartment after we cleaned it up a bit, but that moment never arrived, so here are pics from yesterday. I also meant to use the UV wand on the mattress in the guest room, but there wasn't time for that either. Guess I'll sleep on the couch. Michele said she warmed it up for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Mother you are to do all that you did for her!!!
AL from CA