Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I get the oddest gifts

This is Judy's quiltlet. The center motif was done on the Statler.
Yesterday I had washed all the pillowcases. This morning I ironed all of them. What a chore! I also folded and placed each one in a ziplock bag. I packed them in a box, but I think it is too small. Still, it keeps them all in one place until I am ready to ship. I suspect a few more will come in Thursday night. I ate breakfast, read e-mail, showered, and dressed. I tried on the in-line skates that MaryAnn left me, but they did not fit so I took them to the thrift shop. I also took the cushion cover for Ms. Chung. She was very happy about it. Debbie pulled me into the office to give me the receipt Ella found, and a bag of bras from Joan. Yes, a bag of bras. I had been looking for a bra to decorate for the luncheon next week and she came through with flying colors. Seven very nice black and white bras in three sizes. One size Michele can wear, one I can wear, and the other size will be bra art next week. I shelved books, videos, DVD's, and puzzles. I went over my usual three hours so I can get 16 before we leave. That way I can leave $8 in thrifty bucks for Michele to spend when she is on her own. Still no apartment. When I left the shop, I sat outside in the grass to read. Mary came by and we talked for awhile. Scary thing is, had Cathy been there it would have constituted a board meeting. Only three of us left! When my hour was up I went home for lunch, even thought I ate a package of seaweed while reading. I wanted to work on the QOV blocks, but am saving them for Thursday afternoon when the reporter comes. Maybe I'll do the bra art then too. That'll be a picture! I dealt with some e-mail and tried to clean up in the kitchen. Kept getting sidetracked because there are so many things I just don't know what to do with. In the past I would call MaryAnn and yell 'help!' and she would come over and rearrange stuff and talk me out of things I don't really need. But she PCSd! :( So I am on my own. I cleaned the sink area, and the stove top and washed all the spice containers and the rack. Chris came home and put chicken legs in the oven. Then Michele called, and the two of them went to see the movie that didn't work out last night. More cleaning, and more e-mail. Tried to put together an order with Swansons, but didn't have the total for free shipping. Guess there is more work for tomorrow.

No comments: