Monday, October 3, 2011

QOV day



Again this morning, it was too cold to read. So I started in on e-mail, breakfast, shower, preparing cheeses, etc. I grabbed a big load of recyclables to drop off on the way to post. When I got to the SPC, the fellowship hall was full of tables set up for the big luncheon. Fearing that we had none left for us, I ran down to our room. They'd left us three. However, I wasn't satisfied. I begged for three more. And they even helped me carry them in. Mary and Cathy and Judy arrived with show-and-tell items. Aimee wanted help with her apron, and I worked with her while the others set up. Our group was not as large as some days, but we worked steadily. Some left early and others came late so we always had people sewing. Ana and I made pillowcases for QOV, and I started another QOV out of previously cut blocks. We discussed having a Christmas fabric swap, a trip to the warehouse, and a group purchase of "9-patch Pizazz: Fast, Fun, Finished". I crossed my fingers that I would remember to send out all the appropriate e-mails to the group. Chris was meeting Michele at the walk-in gate at 2:30 to see an apartment. I hoped to make it, but wasn't ready in time. I went home after quilting. I read some e-mail, sent out e-mails to the group, cut up fabric and photographed it to answer a question on Facebook. I finished the pillowcase started yesterday. Then I worked on the QOV that I started. Chris and Michele came home. Chris said the apt was very nice, but a little pricey. He mentioned that a house-sitting position might become available for her. They had supper and left to see a movie. I kept sewing and trimming. When they came home, they said the movie reels were mislabeled and that they would have to go back again to see the movie. Ok. I quit when my show ended and now am about to go to bed.
I forgot to mention yesterday that Helen gave me a bag of dried shredded squid as a going-away present. I sense a theme here.
* This is Mary's show-and-tell quilt made of block-of-the-month raffle winnings. *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an adorable pillowcase!!!
AL from CA