Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sitting in the 'hotel'


I fell asleep on the plane ride to Huntsville. It was short and I was glad I woke up before we landed so I could see what the area looked like from the air. It is beautiful. Small patches of forest and grass with houses nestled in. Not city-like in any way. I wish I had taken a pic to show you, but I was groggy. We picked up our luggage and rented a car with a GPS. We drove to Wal-Mart for a new D-link wireless adaptor and tampons. I am having an unscheduled period. It is either stress or 'the change'. Then we drove to Redstone Arsenal and stopped at the lodging center for card keys to our temporary lodgings. When we got to the 'apt' I was surprised how nice it was. Older than DHL, but so much nicer. Two bedrooms (one has a bed, one has a desk), good size living room, diningroom, kitchen. Could stay here indefinitely, but no place for the three shipments that are coming. Bigger than Michele's apartment. It is surrounded by grass. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. We took a walk on the fitness path behind the apartment complex. So much nature, the sounds of birds, and insects, the smell of grass and forest. When we came back, I sat outside in the grass, reading. But it was hard to stay awake, and my ears were ringing with fatigue. So I went to bed, even though we promised ourselves to stay awake until bedtime. I don't know when Chris came to bed. But it was about midnight when we woke up and , um, checked each other thoroughly for ticks. Yes, that is what we will call it today. We went back to sleep. When I got up, it was almost 8. Chris was up and adding OpenOffice to my computer. I am lucky to have such a thoughtful husband. We took a shower and went to the lodging center for the complimentary continental breakfast. It was mostly simple carbs. I got two hard-boiled eggs and two one-serving containers of cream cheese. There was no place to sit so we brought the food back here and ate in our diningroom. I added some nuts and berries to my breakfast. Then the maid stopped by, but there was nothing for her to do. I sat in the sun coming in the window and did several Sudoku puzzles. It felt really good. Then I got on here to post.

No comments: