Sunday, October 2, 2011

New time and place for church service


After having a hard time getting to sleep, I slept in. Not only was it too cold to go outside barefoot, but church is now at 11. When I did get up, I had breakfast, read some e-mail, showered and dressed. We grabbed the communion bread on our way out the door. Our service has moved to the chapel at the hospital. It is a good thing they put up signs. Although I have been there before, I did not remember that it was so hard to find. We did find it, and turned in the jar of communion bread and the extra baggie of wafers that wouldn't fit. I grabbed the service books, and we found a seat in the second row. The lectern, altar, and flower stand were all made of clear acrylic. Thus the Bible, sacraments, and flowers seemed to be floating in mid-air. The choir sat in the front row since there was no choir loft or section up front. The pastor insisted that the choir process in, but it was a very short walk. After the service, I spoke to the people behind me. They live in Tennessee and are visiting. She was very friendly and gave me her card hoping we could get together back in the U.S. Chris handed me a bag of snacks to take to the room by the cafeteria where we will now have our after-church refreshments. When I laid out the packages, I noticed that there were three bottles of sunscreen in the bottom. But the man who brought them had already left. When all the fellowshipping was over, we went to the commissary for groceries. When we got home, Michele helped to put them away. Romaric came over to game. Heidi came over for a lesson. I had to clean up my sewing room for that. She was interested in buying a serger, so I let her use mine. After her lesson, Helen called. I wanted to return her skates to her, but she said she did not feel like carrying them home, so would I donate them to the thrift store? Ok. I met her at the Seobinngo station and we had an early supper at a nearby restaurant. We had a great time talking about this and that. I will miss her when we move. She insisted on paying for both our dinners. I walked her back to the station and I went home. The others were still playing. I made up a package for Andrea, hoping she will like the fabric choices I made. Then I started assembling a pillowcase for the kids with cancer. It got late and I decided it could wait for tomorrow. I packed up the extra wheat flour to take to the meeting tomorrow. I swept the kitchen floor. I turned the calendar to October, our last month. I have spent so much time wishing I could leave here, and now I don't want to go. I have finally acclimated to this place and life, and now we have to leave.
* Random quilt pic from the show at the Seoul Art Center. I don't think I have posted it before. *

No comments: