Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lunch with the ladies


Not having slept well the night before, I stayed in bed until almost 8. I read e-mail for most of the morning and then showered and dressed for lunch. I went over to the SPC to meet Cathy, Mary, and Judy. I left the QOV top there, got Cathy's signature on the minutes for last month, and changed the lock on the metal cabinet, giving keys to Cathy and Mary. We took Mary's van to the gas station gate and walked into Itaewon. We stopped at Santorini's for lunch. I had the octopus salad, and they all got gyros. It was very good. They paid for my lunch. Then we walked up and down Itaewon, enjoying the shops. I ordered embroidered luggage tags at one place. He does the letters freehand, It was the most amazing thing. We also stopped in a shop that defies categorization. See the merchandize behind Mary and Cathy. Then we went back to the SPC. The ladies gave me going-away gifts of fabric and seaweed. Both are things you can't have too much of, and something I had been looking for. And how practical - something to eat and something to wear! I was touched. Then I went to MP hill to sit in the grass and read - something I haven't done in a while. There was a very nice rock, very comfortable. But the temperature dropped and the wind got chilly, so I returned to my car. Strangely, my back bothered me after sitting there. I went home and laid down for awhile. I read some e-mail. Chris called to tell me the movers were coming to see what Michele wanted moved to her apartment. She wanted the hide-a-bed, so I opened it up and swept it out, washed the sheets. The fabric was ripped so I hand-sewed a denim patch on it. Then I put on a movie. During the movie, a lady came to see how much was to be moved. Then we ate supper and finished the movie. Chris went to bed, and I listened to an interview with Norm Shealy. I forgot to ask Chris if he wanted a sandwich, so I will make one anyway. I will have to pack something for myself too, since the thrift shop is throwing me a pizza party tomorrow.

No comments: