Sunday, November 25, 2012

50th birthday party

Saturday______________________________________________________________________________ We got up a little late. Cecily, Marie and Becca had already left for the mall. We showered and dressed and had breakfast. We were just starting to pack the car when the shoppers came home. So we were able to bid each family member goodbye before we left. We drove towards my parents house, stopping at Food Lion to pick up the food for my 50th birthday party. We arrived around lunch time. Dad was busy making a grocery list so I fixed Mom's lunch and fed it to her. Then I fixed lunch for me. When Dad finished his list, he ate too, and then went to the grocery store. Soon after he left, Faye arrived with 50th Anniversary decorations. They were not marked "Wedding" so they worked for the birthday celebration,too. I helped Faye dress the table. She set it while I crocheted a scarf. Chris made the food: pork chops, sauerkraut with cranberries and apples, sweet potatoes, and asparagus with onions. Faye brought a veggie tray with carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and red pepper strips. William and Kevin came over, too. Dad was the last to arrive, back from the grocery store. Then we sat down to eat. After our meal, Faye brought in a cake that said "Over the Hill". Ha, she should know, being my older sister. However, she was very generous with her gifts: a large box of seaweed, a case of coconut water, a gift card for Cracker Barrel, and a calendar of origami. Oh, and TWO cards. Dad gave me cash (which will turn into fabric at some point.) William said he didn't have anything, so I asked for a flat screen TV he had laying around. He seemed happy to give it to me. Patrick came for dessert. After he left, Kevin left. Then Faye left. I did not realize that Dad was waiting for us to leave, too. I put Mom in the tub while Dad did whatever evening routine he has. I helped her wash, then got her out, dressed her and put her bedtime splint on. Dad helped her crawl into bed. I kissed her goodnight and climbed into bed with Chris.

No comments: