Saturday, November 17, 2012

Halfway to Virginia

I got up around 7:30 and took a shower before eating breakfast. Then I packed my suitcase and some yarn to crochet with. I read my e-mail and then packed up my computer. I trimmed the ends of the binding on the blue quilt so I could whipstitch it sometime during our trip. I raked leaves on the patio for a little bit while Chris did some last minute things. We headed out about 9:30. We listened to a Janet Evanovich book on CD until we got to Bristol Virginia. We stopped at a Comfort Inn. After getting settled in the room, we looked up nearby places to eat. Chris wrote down two of the addresses. The first place was closed so we went to the second place. It was closed too. There was an Amish store beside it so I went in for a look. I bought some raw cheese, and pickled cauliflower. Then we went to Olive Garden, which was inexplicably crowded for 4pm. Our waitress was very nice, but she must have been new. She never removed our soup dishes from the table. There was a breadstick left, but we didn't take it. Maybe we should have because on the way to the gas station we passed a man holding a sign "Homeless, hungry, no work". We could have given it to him. Back in the room, I checked to see if there was a hot tub or sauna here. Nope, all they have is an outdoor pool which is closed. Chris played games on his laptop. I started a scarf in the shell stitch and I listened to a few audios and watched some gymnastics videos. Boy, are those kids flexible!

No comments: