Friday, November 23, 2012

A Damour family Christmas

We got up a little after 8 and took a shower. I got dressed and fixed my breakfast. I tried to get on my laptop long enough to post to my blog, but there wasn't time. We left at 9:30 to go shopping. We went to Michaels for bells and something for Olivia. I didn't see anything I wanted. James and William met us there after going to a game store. We all drove home to drop off William and go the the bathroom. Then we went back to the mall. We shopped at Penneys, then went to Ruby Tuesday for an early lunch. Most of us got the salad bar. Back at the mall, we stopped in a variety of stores. I did not find the shoes I wanted. Apparently they are out of season. I did see what I wanted at Radio Shack, but was uncertain Dad would use it if I got it. We were done shopping by 1:30 and went home. I was able to read e-mail and to finish some audios and post to my blog. Chris and Cecily started supper. I took one of my audios downstairs to hear it better. I came up when it was over. Soon it was time for supper. We sat at the table, prayed and dug in. The main course was prime rib. After the meal came dessert, the same two pies as yesterday. Then Olivia brought in the presents and gave them to the people whose names were on the tags. We opened them one by one. I got a pair of black ankle socks with silver ferns on them. They are the national symbol of New Zealand.
I also got a camera, a Canon Pwoershot. Chris got a movie called The Avengers. So most of us spent the rest of the evening watching the movie while Cecily and the kids went to bed. I plan to watch the movie at home with the subtitles on. I missed a lot of dialogue between the men.

No comments: