Sunday, November 4, 2012

Coming Home

The night passed rather uneventfully. I kept rolling over onto my side and letting an arm or leg sneak out from under the covers. Then my fingers or toes would get a cold, wet feeling. This turned out to be the cat's nose. It was funny after the first time. Chris set the alarm for 8. We got up soon after that, visited a little with Neal and April, then took a shower and dressed for church. I ate my pre-mixed breakfast. We visited with them some more until it was almost 9. Then we said goodbye and left for church, which according to their website was at 9:15. But when we arrived, not that many people were there. Now one might say that we didn't turn our watches back, but, being from a different time zone, our watches should have been right AFTER the time change. Anyway, they were having sunday school at 8:15 so we sat in on that. Then for the church service an hour later. We were greeted on all sides with hugs and handshakes. It was so good to see so many old friends. It was like homecoming. I did not recognize the pastor, but he was very good. Sadly he is just there until they find another pastor. After church we sat in the fellowship hall and visited more with people we hadn't talked to yet. There was another sunday school session in progress, same as the first. It used to be two of the same service, with sunday school in between. Now it is exactly the opposite. It was almost noon 'till we left. We headed towards Huntsville with the help of the GPS. We listened to a book on CD. They mentioned cheeseburgers and fries so much that Chris just had to stop. He couldn't find burger place so he stopped at Kentucky Fried Chicken. I did not get anything there. He ate it on the road. I had an apple, an orange and a packet of seaweed that I brought from home. After we got home, we unpacked the car. I found my latest Nuts.com order on the front porch. I picked two tomatoes, had a few glasses of water and laid down for a bit. Then we went grocery shopping. I was annoyed when I saw they had rearranged some of the store. Why do grocery stores feel the need to do that? Knowing where everything is is very important to me. I have half a mind not to shop there anymore. We took our groceries home and put them away. I ate supper and we read e-mail for awhile. Then we went down to watch more episodes of MASH. And now its time for bed. Somehow it feels later than it is... * another photo from Paducah *

No comments: