Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving day

At this point I don't remember much about Thanksgiving Day. I woke up around the usual time. We all had breakfast. Mom and Dad were already dressed up. I spent some time handsewing binding on a quilt. We watched the Macy's Parade and the dog show. Kurt arrived after lunch. He was happy to get his laptop and handheld device on Dad's wifi. Then William arrived. Soon it was time to get Mom in the car. William and Kurt drove separately. Dad had a nice nap on the way over to the Damours. It was good that the guard rail woke him up because he did not hear me yelling from the back seat. We took the next exit which was route 10 and went the back way. Chris was there, and helped Dad carry in my stuff. Faye was there, too and took charge of Mom. Marie was there and so were James, Becca and their kids. Olivia came to greet me and the others said she had been asking for me all day. We gathered around the table, holding hands and Chris said a prayer. Then we took our plates to the kitchen to fill them from the buffet table. It was a wonderful meal: turkey, cauliflower casserole, sweet potato casserole, pineapple casserole, cranberry orange relish, peas and pearl onions, rutabaga, stuffing and Grammy's Rolls. I wish I had gotten a pic of the table and us seated around it. I enjoyed the conversation, which lasted beyond the serving of pumpkin and pecan pies. After the food and dishes were cleaned up, we talked in the den. Finally Mom and Dad left with William driving them. Kurt took his own car and soon Faye left too (because they wouldn't let her work any more). Most of us were in bed by 110:30, but James and I stayed up talking until 1am. Then I crawled in bed with Chris, without posting to my blog. * another quilt from the Paducah show *

No comments: