Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A new dentist

Mom was up when I got up, but not sitting at the table yet. When Dad finished making his breakfast, he made hers and they ate. I fixed my own breakfast. I helped Dad find some stuff on the internet. I googled a map to the dentist's office. Dad backed one car out of the driveway and left it running for me. I drove it to the dentist's office without any problem. They had me sign some papers and soon took me back to a small room. The hygienist worked on my teeth with a whining tool, and also with a baking soda spray. She used an intraoral camera to take pics of three of my fillings that are heading towards the end of their useful life. The dentist came in and checked my teeth. He agreed with the pics. We talked about my parents and mercury in fillings. The hygienist set me up with an appointment for next November. The receptionist took my money and another one talked about how much she likes Korean food. They told me that my brother had just come in for an emergency appointment. I went back to say hello but he was under the influence of nitrous oxide. I returned to the car. I had to try every key to find the one that fit. Unfortunately I got the trunk key stuck in the ignition. I called my dad and he said to ask William. He said it would take him 45 minutes to get Mom and come over. I tried forcing it out with two keys. I called Chris. Then I went in to wait for William. When he came out, he couldn't pull it out either. Then a group of yardworkers showed up to clear the leaves from the lot. I asked them, and their leader came over with a pair of pliers and was able to wrench it out. Hurray! William and I talked in the parking lot for awhile, then we left separately. I went home to Mom and Dad who were starting lunch. But it was 2pm. I attached a grounding wire to Mom and fed her a bowl of apple slices while Dad fixed her sandwich. We all then sat at the table to eat. After lunch I took her to the bathroom. Faye called and I got a moment to talk to her. Then Mom and Dad and I went for a walk. Dad walked Mom and I followed with the wheelchair. When she tired, he sat her down and pushed her around the neighborhood. I returned to the house to find Faye waiting for me. She and I went shopping at Costco. We found stuff that other people might or might not like. So hard to decide. I found something I thought Chris would love, but it was not a standalone product. Cosco had a good price on coconut water so we got that and a few other things. Faye dropped me off at home and went home herself. Mom and Dad were finishing up supper. I ate too, then started reading e-mail. But all too soon it was time for bed. I helped Mom get ready and put her splint on. Dad came back as I put her to bed. He talked genealogy for some time. Then I kissed her goodnight and returned to my laptop. Dad went to bed and I stayed up to listen to a few audios before posting and going to bed.

No comments: