Thursday, November 8, 2012

Good news!

I was late getting up this morning, and I am not sure why. My ankle was better so I jumped on the rebounder. I read e-mail and had breakfast. One article says that rats which had access to food for only 8 hours a day stayed lean while the control group that could eat anytime gained weight. So when you eat is just as important as what you eat. I crocheted to the audios that came in last night. I finished the blue and brown scarf. I put it in a bag and then rounded up all the other scarves I made. I used my crochet hook to bury the yarn tails and then they went into the bag too. That made 10. I had time, so I started another one. When that audio was over, I raked leaves for awhile, and mowed the lawn under them. It was such a nice, sunny day. I even ate lunch outside. Back inside, for some reason I was compelled to check out the corner of the base cabinet. There are sliding drawers on both sides of it, so it is effectively cut off from use. But I pulled out the sliding wire baskets to look in there. There was a large, very crude lazy susan, and some potholders, handiwipes, and plastic bags. Oh, and a large flathead screwdriver. And a small can of potted meat. On the top was printed EST 2AD. I had no idea it could be that old. Ha. I threw it away. I emptied the dishwasher and put a few dirty things into it. I washed the sticky baskets. I was crocheting again when Chris came home. He told me he had had an interview with a general in NJ and it went well. We discussed what we'd do if the general offered Chris the job. We should know on Tuesday. I guess it would change everything. Neither one of us is thrilled at the prospect of living in NJ. But let's not count the chickens before the eggs are hatched. I finished that scarf. Chris ate supper. We watched the last MASH episode downstairs. It was very sad. I checked e-mail before going to bed and read that Alfred's surgery went well and he will probably go home tomorrow. That is the best news.

No comments: