Friday, November 16, 2012

Preparing for the trip

I slept in until almost 8. I listened for awhile before exercising and having breakfast. William called from Goodwill with a Pfaff sewing machine for $10 AS IS. I might have taken it, but he kept running it to demonstrate the noise in the bobbin area and then the foot pedal overheated. I drained my kombucha jar into smaller jars, then rinsed it out and left it to dry. I saved some of the scoby, but blended up the rest and watered the garden with it. I made a big salad for lunch, trying to use up all the salad stuff. But there was more than I could eat. I fished two kimchi jars out of the cupboard to take to VA to return to the lady who sells it there. I also emptied the one in the frig into a smaller one. She gives $1 off for each jar returned. I finished ironing the fabric I washed, and put it away except for the two that matched the Veggie Tales print. I made another batch of coconut milk. I raked leaves in the side and back yards for an hour. One audio was by Gene Rodenberry's son. He liked the way his father wrote story lines to shift the viewers perspective. Another was by Deepak Chopra. He said you should ask yourself three questions every morning: Who am I? What do I want? What is my purpose? When Chris came home, I was packing up the supplements in daily doses for the trip. I also fixed two bowls of breakfast: one for tomorrow morning and one for Sunday since our trip will take two days. The breakfast food packages then went into a big box for the trip. Chris did two loads of laundry while I cleared e-mail. Then we watched several episodes of NCIS. I think they aired last year so soon we will have to find another series. * Here is a dandelion quilt from Paducah *

No comments: