Friday, November 9, 2012

Scarf 12

I started my day around 8. I exercised, ate breakfast and skimmed e-mail. I read that a recent study concluded that each hour spent watching television after the age of 25 reduces your life expectancy by nearly 22 minutes. This was part of an article about the dangers of prolonged sitting. I started another scarf. Then I drove to church to clean up from whoever took my class last Sunday. He/she left my glue gun plugged in. I hope it isn't ruined. I also grabbed some green construction paper to prepare for this Sunday. I dropped off 11 scarves. And I went through the kits to find a craft for the following Sunday. I left around noon, thinking to stop at a yard sale I passed on the way over. But I couldn't find it. I stopped at Hobby Lobby to get some yarn and stickers. When I got home, I was surprised to see Chris' car. It is a training holiday and most people were gone, so he left, too. More e-mail had come in, so I read that and crocheted while listening to another audio. My computer acted up so I rebooted it. Then I called up another audio to play while I wore the laptop on my back and raked leaves in the back yard. I mowed the part I raked. I also added to the stick pile in case our neighbor revves up his chipper/shredder tomorrow. Then I went in because it was getting dark. But it was only 5pm. I picked up the scarf in progress and continued to work. It is in three colors. I stopped when I ran out of white. I don't think I 'll do another one like that because having three skeins hanging off of the project makes a tangled mess. Slows me down when I have to untangle it all. FINALLY Chris tore himself away from his computer so we could watch a couple episodes of NCIS before going to bed.

No comments: