Sunday, February 3, 2013

68 blankets for Linus project


I forgot to mention that I trimmed my hair yesterday. Also, I made more cloud dough last night after I posted to my blog. There was one other thing, but I don't remember what it was. I went to bed, and got up some time after the alarm went off at 8. I took a shower and ate breakfast. I asked Chris to tweeze the gray out of my eyebrows. I took the cloud dough to church. When I saw the blankets hanging over the sanctuary, I had to take pictures. During the opening session of Sunday School, we learned about Haiti. It will be our focus for this block on Gentleness and Kindness. One man told us that his father was shot in Haiti for speaking out. The father survived, and the story made quite an impression on the kids. My group was smaller today, only three kids: 2 three-year-olds and 1 five-year-old. The first activity was to color a picture. The 5 yo did a fantastic job. But the 3's just scribbled. So I gave them trays with cloud dough and some cookie cutters, etc. Jack loved it, dove right in. But Alec did not. So when class was over, I put some in containers for Jack and Emily, but not for Alec. But his mother said she'd like to try it, so I added another container and left it for the closing session. I cleaned up the crayons and markers, then it was time to practice with the choir. Chris joined me for church. The blankets for the Linus project were dedicated. After church, Chris went to the grocery store. I cleaned up the 'crumbs' in the craft room and set up for next week. Then I stopped by the dollar store for more clay (which the older ones might be able to mold). I arrived home just before Chris. We put away the groceries, and he went outside for me to cut his hair. Then we had lunch. I read e-mail all afternoon and did some price checking. I raked leaves for almost an hour, then picked some greens and made a large salad. I alternated Sudoku with tapping videos because they were taking so long to load. After three of them, I call Dad, and even talked to Mom. For her, it was a bad day for swallowing, but a good day for talking. Then I went back to tapping. Chris played with the voices all evening. Michele was not one of them. I finished a few more Sudoku puzzles, posted to my blog, and now am ready for bed.

No comments: