Friday, February 8, 2013

A Tiny Picture Frame



I woke up in the middle of the night with a muscle cramp. I got up to tap on it. Or for it. When the pain subsided, I went back to bed. So I let myself sleep in this morning. At least I thought I had, but it was not quite 8:30 when I got up. I heard it rain last night, so I checked the basement, and it was dry. I read e-mail, listened to two tapping audios from last night, exercised, ate breakfast, and tapped through 4 videos on Youtube. I cleared the dirty dishes from the sink into the dishwasher. It was a cool and overcast day, so I did not go out. I decided to work on the kitchen drawer. I assembled all the tools and some nails. I plugged in a small lamp so I could see under the counter. I removed the pots from the cupboard. I took off the false front. Then I grabbed the drawer that Bob brought over, and fit it into the hole. It was too narrow! How could this be? He measured before he selected the drawer. Well, I can make do. But when I tried to get the front off of the drawer, it would not come off. It has been stapled quite firmly and prying it off damages the soft wood it is made from. So I called Bob and he said another drawer might come his way soon. Nevertheless, I cut two boards to the length of the depth of the cabinet so I will have something to attach the side rollers to. I was almost finished cleaning it all up when Chris came home. He was in an amorous mood. I thought he was going to play battletech, but he decided not to go. Instead he helped me put the chifferobe in the sewing area up on bricks to protect it from any further damage. Then he did something on his laptop. I ate supper and read more e-mail. I wrote two checks: one will go in the mail, the other is for the grass-fed beef people tomorrow when I pick up the meat. Then we watched the last episode of Poirot on that set of DVDs. I sat at my laptop to write my blog. When I realized that I had not taken any pics today, I quickly folded the origami project for today and yesterday so I could photograph them.

No comments: