Thursday, February 7, 2013

More flowers


Along with the usual e-mail and exercise, I listened to two audios from the tapping summit last night. I took a break to put out the recyclables by the road and photograph the daffodils. Bob called to say that he and the geologist were meeting at my house at 9. The geologist arrived first. I heard him drive up because he hit the recycle tub. I went out to set it to rights and then greeted him. He surveyed the area and the part of the basement that floods. Bob arrived. He told Bob his conclusions. There were three. 1. Dig a long trench on the northern side of the house all the way to the culvert at the back of the property. 2. Dig down to the floor of the basement by the corner where it leaks. Repair any cracks. 3. Put in flexible pipe going from the drain in front of the carport to the pipe from the culvert. Bob smiled and nodded as the geologist spoke. After the man left, Bob told me he didn't think that the landlord would approve the money to do any of it. He plans to talk it over with his wife tonight. Ah well.
I fixed and ate my breakfast. It was after 10. I finished the audios, and read more e-mail. Andrea called to chat and to ask me to finish one of her quilt projects. I am not one to say no to quilting. After we hung up, there was more e-mail, tapping, and Sudoku. I laid down in the basement for some meditation. Chris came home. He brought a wedding invitation from one of his coworkers. He fixed a burrito for supper and I made a large salad. I made up an order for the Dixon grass-fed beef people and e-mailed it. Sometime later we went down to watch two episodes of Poirot. I wish a had a copy of one of the original tales. It would be interesting to compare the TV version to the book.

No comments: