Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

Why I was awake before 8, I don't know. But some disturbing thought occurred to me and I jumped out of bed. I think I checked the basement next for water, but it was dry. I saw the 4 hexagons sitting on the table and was inspired to cut the next row of triangles. Then I went back to my usual morning routine. Because of the tapping summit I have been spending more time at my laptop than usual. Still, I was able to get a few things done while they played with the volume turned up. I measured and counted all the pieces to the quilt I will be teaching in June. I wrote up a fabric requirement list for the lady who is running the retreat. I made a dentist appointment for a few weeks from now. Its awfully expensive, but I am hoping to cut the cost down by refusing the blood test and x-rays. I found the box of cacao nibs I ordered on the front porch. Twenty pounds worth. Guess I won't need more anytime soon. I know I did a few more things, but I can't remember them now. Chris came home a little early. He fixed himself a burrito and I made a large salad. I headed for the education meeting at church. It was small. Then Chris met me in the sanctuary for the Ash Wednesday service. After the service he went home and I stayed for choir practice. It was short. When I got home, Chris was sitting at his laptop not feeling well. So we did not watch TV and he went to bed early. I went looking for the official name of a quilt that I saw and was surprised how hard it was to find. I googled words I thought might be in the title. I saw hundreds of quilt pictures. In fact, I felt the the experimental rat in a cage, pressing the 'more images' bar over and over. I did finally find it, but kept looking at 'more images'. There seemed to be no end to it so I forced myself to stop and blog.
* This is a picture from Monday. Mirna was asked to quilt this top created by a man from his wife's clothing. Because much of it is polyester, she had to tie it instead. *

No comments: