Monday, February 25, 2013

One baby quilt, coming right up.

As I was having my usual morning, I came across a kindle book that I wanted to read, and wondered if the Galaxy table would do that. I tried to look it up but got confusing information. Then I got a phone call from Mirna. She was offering to let me use her longarm tomorrow. That wouldn't work for me since I have a dentist appointment. So she offered this afternoon. She told me how to get to her house, and then I looked it up on Google maps. I finished breakfast, and the tapping videos and folded laundry. I went down to get the quilt top and backing, but I could not find the backing. So I picked the next best thing. While I was ironing it, I found the first backing, but thought the second one was better. When the backing was flat, I looked for some batting. But none of the small pieces were large enough. So I grabbed the roll from Korea. I headed to her house a little early. I wanted to have time to get lost, which was prophetic. I turned too soon off of 431 and came to a T, which was not what I was expecting. I turned left, and drove until I started to get worried. When I came to another T, there was no street sign to identify it. My intuition told me to turn right, so I did. Soon I saw a landmark she mentioned. Then I saw the bridge, which was a sign of going too far, literally a bridge too far. I turned around and drove slowly so as not to miss the turn. This time I found it, and her house. I was right on time. She showed me her longarm, helped me get the quilt pinned on, and thread loaded. Then we realized we had a miscommunication. She thought I wanted to freemotion, and I wanted to use the computer. Well, her computer was nothing like a Statler so I had no idea how to use it. She did the design on her computer, loaded it to a chip and plugged the ship into her longarm. I chose a regular stipple. It went well, and we chatted as the machine did most of the work. In spite of her best efforts, the design was a little longer than the quilt, so she had to adjust the last row on the computer. When it was done, I wrote her a check, then we chatted about some common problems we had. Finally she had to go to work, so we both drove away. I came home a different way. Chris was home and having supper. I made a salad and checked my e-mail. I also portioned out 8 days of supplements. Then we watched an old version of the Three Musketeers, and one episode of Eureka. Chris went to bed, and I stayed up to post, listening to the wind howl.

No comments: