Sunday, February 17, 2013

I got up a little after 7 to skim e-mail and eat breakfast. I took a shower, dressed and packed the fabric stacks from last night along with basic sewing supplies, and lunch. I drove over to UAH. Lisa showed us how to make her quilt. I used the numbers on her handout to cut strips. It is a version of log cabin/courthouse steps. But it goes slowly. Cutting all the strips takes time, and I had to redesign the quilt to fit the amount of fabric I had. Some of the pieces were smaller than I realized so I didn't have enough. I decided to make all of the dark squares first. We broke for lunch. Some ordered out but I had seaweed and oranges. We worked all afternoon. Some ladies worked on other things, but a few of us doggedly pursued this strip quilt. Lisa's choice of colors glowed. Anyway, by 4:30 everyone had left but Deb and I so we packed up and set the room to rights. Then I went home. Chris was talking to the voices. I read e-mail, ate supper, did some tapping videos, played a meditation CD on my laptop, then watched two episodes of CSI. I tried to finish the origami project from yesterday but got lost near the end. The symbols don't make sense. I tried to google it, but didn't have the right search terms.

No comments: