Sunday, February 24, 2013

Do not feed the Facebook


I don't remember when I got up. It must have been a usual morning or I would remember, right? Maybe not. I read e-mail, and had breakfast. I folded the rest of the panda. I did not realize yesterday that there was more than the head. I did my daily tapping. Chris went to the store for a pork roast and lots of garlic. I helped to peel the garlic. He put it in the oven to cook. I went downstairs to find some fabrics to audition for the centers of the orange blocks. I found a burgundy, a yellow and a greenish brown. I placed them in the centers of three blocks and took a pic. Undecided, I chose to work on another project - a stack-n-whack. The hexagons were not all the same size, but I didn't want to trim the larger ones down because I'd lose part of the stripe. I should have just resewn them with larger seams, but did not think of that until later. Then the problem with hexagons is what to do with the uneven edge. It seems like there was too much yellow already, so I used red. But then the red seemed overpowering. So I am contemplating a border of yellow, green and maybe blue to tone down the red. My nose told me that the pork was ready. I followed my nose upstairs. Chris took the roast out of the oven and put some on a plate for me. I ate and read the latest e-mail. I also practiced my trombone, but softly because Chris was gaming with the voices. Then, I don't remember why, but I thought of people I hadn't seen in over 25 years and started looking them up on Facebook. Part of the problem was that I couldn't remember full names, and the other part was that when I did remember a name, there was more than one person by that name. So I went through friend lists for the people I did find, to find the ones whose names I couldn't quite come up with. I found a former student from my days at Dinwiddie who was named Teacher of the Year at the school she works at now. I was so proud! I wanted to send a message, but Facebook wanted $1 to put the message in her inbox. Otherwise the message would to to her 'other' file. I did not know what an 'other' file was. So I asked Facebook. Turns out there is a message file called 'other' and messages from people not on my Friend list have been going there. Who knew? But now that I know, I will check it. Why can't Facebook send all messages to my inbox, especially since I did not elect to filter out messages? And why do they need my $1 when their site is full of advertising? When I realized it was after midnight, I went to bed without posting.

No comments: