Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Not feeling so hot


I woke up before Chris' alarm went off, but did not feel like getting up. It was a long night of struggling to breathe. When I did get up, it was just after 7:30. I boiled a large mug of hot tea. I read some e-mail, loaded a meditation session on my mp3 headphone, and drank the tea. I bundled up good and got under the covers to sweat it out. It didn't work and I'm usually hot in bed, but not today. After an hour I gave up. I read e-mail, exercised (but not too hard) and had breakfast. The mailman rang the doorbell. There were packages in the mail and I guess they wouldn't fit in the box. Supplements and chia seed. I folded the laundry. Then I went outside to listen to some tapping audios. I was surprised to find a car had pulled into the driveway without my hearing it. Must have been one of those hybrids. The owners of this house got out. We had a nice chat about the flowers. She wants to dig up the daffodils and take them. They are the one flower I'd rather she didn't take. But, it is her house, so I told her I'd help her dig them up. She said they didn't have time and would return another day. They asked if we liked living in their house. I said yes except for the water in the basement. Then they drove away soundlessly. Sneaky battery-powered car. I went back to my videos. I came in when finished. I got out the juicer and ran a bag of cranberries through it. They kept jumping out when I put them in: almost like they knew what was going to happen to them. At Chris' suggestion I added a peach. That made one full glass of juice. I drank it. Quite tart, but doable. Then I cleaned up the juicer and ate all the pulp. I worked om the next color set of squares. I cut strips of all the fabrics. Before I was done, I heard Chris come home. I went up to greet him. We ate supper. I had a large salad as usual. Then I went down to finish cutting and lay all the pieces in ordered piles by the sewing machine. I started sewing with the centers for 6 half blocks and 2 quarter blocks. When Chris was ready. he came down to watch TV. We watched the remaining episodes of Poirot. Then he got ready for bed. I made another large mug of hot tea and drank it while writing to this post. I do not feel so good. Choir practice tomorrow may be only a dream.
* Here is another quilt from sewing Saturday *

No comments: