Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Don't even say the F-word around me

*
I woke up early but slept late. The congestion continued. Still, I did all the usual things: like exercise, e-mail, breakfast, and tapping. It was cold outside so I did not go out. I paper-folded a peacock, which you may get to see later in the week. I e-mailed the choir director that I would not be there tonight. Someone posted a question to my timeline. So I took the time to prepare the proper answer, draw it on the whiteboard and photograph it. But when I was ready to post it, I discovered that some one else had answered the question. Facebook must have sent the question to other people in our group. That would not have bothered me as long as Facebook had also informed me when the question was answered. But no, it did not, so my time was wasted. I checked my Facebook settings to see if that was the problem. Nope. I spent quite a while after that looking for an "I hate Facebook" facebook page. What I found was a lot of articles from disgruntled and former Facebook users. Apparently I am not alone. And this is just the latest thing. But what really bothers me is that one of the quilting groups only communicates through Facebook so I am forced to use it. Also, nothing to do with Facebook, but my touchpad stopped working. I could not revive it and without cursor control, could not check e-mail or anything else. I tried CNTL-ALT-DELETE, but it did not allow me to shut down any programs, nor would it allow me to turn off or restart my computer. I tried the power button, too. but still no success. Once again, I had to pull the battery out to shut it off. Then when I started it up, it came up in SAFE mode with command prompts. But it would not perform any commands. Had to pull the battery again. This time I did not choose SAFE mode and everything was fine. When I had finished listening to the audio that was playing when the cursor froze, I left it, to go sew. I finished the third round of color, and got to the fourth. I went upstairs to find Chris had just arrived home. He made himself a burrito and we talked about fixing my desktop so I have more options when the laptop is not cooperating. After supper I resumed sewing. I was halfway through the 6th and final color when he was ready to watch TV. We watched "In Time" from Netflix. It took me most of the movie to figure out where I had seen the lead actress. In this movie she has black hair, but in Momma Mia she was a bleach blonde. The movie was suspenseful, but required more suspension of disbelief than I could muster. The concept is that a person's time left to live is a commodity and is used to buy and sell things, and can be stolen or given away, even kept in a bank to be lent out at usurious rates.
* Here is the photograph I took to answer her question. Maybe someone else can use it. *

No comments: