Sunday, February 10, 2013

What is it?


I got up at 8 when the alarm rang. I posted to my blog as quickly as I could, then ate breakfast and took a shower. I dressed and headed for church with my rubber stamps, scrapbook scissors, and rotary cutter. When I arrived at church, I went to the craft room for colored papers, stamp pads, and markers. Tamara had given me some sheets of cardstock. I cut three of them in half. After sitting through the 15 minute opening, I went to the craft room to await the imminent arrival of the kids. Four girls arrived. I instructed them to make get-well cards of any type. And they did. They stamped, and wrote, and cut and decorated. They seemed to have a ball. Those who knew someone who was sick took their cards home. The others left them for me to mail to people on the church list. When they left, I stayed to clean up, then joined the choir for practice. I got a bulletin and waited in the pew for Chris. He arrived earlier than usual, but then left mysteriously. At the beginning of the service, 4 children were given certificates for their first communion. After the service, I finished a few things in the craft room and headed home. It was raining. Chris was there and had already gone to the store. He had beans and sausage in the crockpot. I put the liver in a pie plate with spices and baked it. I checked the basement for water. I read e-mail for awhile, and then ate some of the liver. Later Chris brought me a bowl of the chili. I finished a few more Sudoku puzzles between tapping videos. Michele contacted us via Skype. Her phone had been cut off and there were problems with her apartment. Chris did his best to sort it out, but this is the lunar new year celebration and everything was closed for business. Then we went downstairs to watch North by Northwest with Cary Grant, directed by Alfred Hitchcock. We checked the basement one last time then went to bed.
* This is one of the more interesting things in the origami calendar. *

No comments: