Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Guild meeting


I awoke to a dry and sunny day. Usually it is raining or drying out from a recent rain. I sat down to e-mail, then exercised and had breakfast. I was practicing the choir piece when Bob called. From what he said it seems he is downplaying the flooding problem when he talks to the landlords. How does he expect them to authorize the money to fix it? I listened to the two audios from the summit and 4 tapping videos from Youtube. A lot of deep stuff came up from my childhood. This is a good thing. I folded two baskets of laundry and put mine away. I caught up on the origami calendar. After lunch I went down to sew. I put away all the stacks of yellow fabric that were waiting for me to choose from. I finally picked a stripe fabric to start a stack-n-whack baby quilt in case the pregnant lady in the choir needs one. I made 4 blocks. I surprised then how dark the basement was. I wasn't wearing my watch so it could be later than I realized, but no, it was raining. Again. I read the latest e-mail and collected the show-and-tell pieces for the guild meeting. I fixed myself a large salad. Chris came home while I was listening to an interview with Bernie Siegal. I stopped the audio to get ready for the meeting. Michele Skyped Chris but I did not have time to get the scoop. Then I headed out, in the rain. I got there on time, even before the president arrived. A few of us chatted for a bit until everyone was there and the meeting started. It seemed to go quickly. I showed the black stack-n-whack, the bold stack-n-cut-n-restack, the comfort quilt, and the green and brown baby quilt. After the meeting I wrote a check for the dues, and stayed to talk to Lisa. Then we turned off the lights and left the building. Some of the quilters were huddled under their umbrellas in the parking lot. I did not stop to join them. I went home, not even stopping at the Asian store for sprouts or kimbap. Chris was on his laptop. After a while, he went down to cue up the Poirot DVD and I joined him later.
* This is Deb's paper-pieced quilt top *

No comments: