Monday, February 4, 2013

Lots of talking

I got up just after Chris left. It was later than usual. It was very cold outside, but not raining. I exercised and read e-mail. I ate breakfast and packed a lunch. I threw some projects in a box and carried my machine out to the car. It was probably quarter after 10 when I arrived at the church. The parking lot suggested that our room was full of quilters, but it was not. I picked a good space by the wall and set up my machine. Laurie came over to talk to me and we had a long chat. Then I got out my black colorful quilt and pinned the backing onto the front for a binding. I sewed the corners down by hand. The ladies put out soup and cake for lunch. I ate my seaweed and an orange. I helped Mirna to place her blocks on the design wall. When I machine-sewed most of my binding down, the bobbin ran out and I had to wind a new one. But the machine did not sew after that and Mirna helped me correct the problem. I finished the binding. An older lady and her daughter came by. The daughter had just retired and the mother will turn 92 next week. Her favorite activity is to play sudoku on her smart phone. She said she also plays Scrabble, but I suspect she meant Words With Friends. I wonder if my mother could do that. I showed off my green and brown blocks in progress. Everyone thought they were cute and that I should continue. So I shall, even though I think the colors are unbalanced. About 4 I packed up and went home. I was thinking of some things I needed to do around the house. But I sat at my laptop to check e-mail and forgot all about those things. I tried to watch a tapping video, but the download speed download speed was really slow, so I rebooted. I fixed myself a large salad, which was not on the list of things. Chris came home and we got into a discussion about the charge for the hotel near Paducah. I called the place and no one answered. We talked for some time. Later we watched one episode of Poirot. Chris went to bed after helping me get my laptop back online. Here I sit, posting and thinking of going to bed.


No comments: