Sunday, June 9, 2013

A completed star

I heard the alarm go off at 8 but didn't get up for 40 minutes. I took a shower while Chris ate breakfast, then I ate breakfast, dressed and read e-mail. We arrived at church in plenty of time for the service. In fact, we got into a conversation with the guest pastor, Pastor Ettraim who is celebrating his 50th year of ordination. Our intern gave the sermon because our usual pastor is out of town. After the service, I talked to Jennifer about her father-in-law, then to Cecelia about the foam for the new cushions. We agreed to meet on Tuesday to call the man in Florida. Then I talked to Lars about hanging the Fruits of the Spirit quilt. Shannon said they have all their bible stories planned for the next sunday school year, and by the end of the week will have all the bible verses too. I asked about crafts, but she said no. I got the feeling they expect me to make them up. We drove home to change clothes and get the grocery list. We went grocery shopping. We put away the food. Chris put a pork roast in the oven. I went to sew with the ladies at the storage facility. I brought my hand-sewing, a star-shaped block. I finished the block there, The lady across from me finished her binding, and the two ladies beside me finished their projects too. The fourth lady was a nurse. She told me about a high calorie, high protein frozen custard that doctors prescribe for their patients who can't swallow much. But she couldn't remember the name of it. When I left there, I stopped at Home Depot. I wanted to get a Command strip to hand the quilt in the fellowship hall. I came home with a bag full of stuff, including a 200 watt light bulb for the garage over the pingpong table. I called my dad to tell him about the custard. Chris got the pork out of the oven so I could have some for supper, but then put the rest back in to cook until it fell apart. I read through the latest e-mail and Chris e-mailed me a screen print of the marble floor from Bones. Then we watched several more episodes of Bones and one episode of 3rd Rock before going to bed.

No comments: