Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mowed and Raining

I slept in again this morning. I tried playing pink noise on my laptop last night with headphones. It put me to sleep but I woke up again after it finished playing. I must have fallen asleep again because I woke to hear Chris get up for work and he kissed me before he left, but I went back to sleep. When I got up, I read e-mail and listened to an audio. I put bread ingredients in the bread machine. I exercised and ate breakfast. I was able to unstop the toilet which has not been flushing properly since Monday. I changed the shower filter. I took a shower. I raked the leaves under the magnolia tree and dumped them in the back behind the carport. There were so many leaves that it took a long time. When the leaves were finally gone, I mowed that part of the lawn. I also trimmed the low-hanging branches to make raking easier. I listened to another audio and folded 2 baskets of laundry. I took the patio table back outside. I ate lunch. I was reading e-mail when I came across one from Amazon asking me to rate a transaction. I hate that they won't take the rating without a comment, but at least they no longer have a minimum word requirement. One transaction was for a pair of headphones. I hadn't tried them out yet, so I plugged them into the stereo and queued up a meditation CD. Maybe they worked too well because I fell asleep. When I woke up, Chris was leaving the room. His suit was on the bed so he must have changed clothes after coming home from work. It was raining so I went out to look at the ditch. There wasn't much water in it. However I could see water pouring out of the horizontal end of the rain spout. I fixed myself a salad, using up the last of the dressing. Chris made more dressing. I tried to run an applet for Gnaural, but it needed Java. A message informed me that Java was disabled. Another message said Java was disabled because it had problems. I downloaded a newer version, but Firefox would not recognize it. I rebooted. Twice. Still no go. Fine. I opened IE and ran the applet there. Then we went down to watch the final episode of Bones Season 6. There was a pilot episode of something else on the DVD and we watched that too. But it was really grim, so we followed that with an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun. I had forgotten how funny they are.
* This is the back of the quilt posted yesterday *

No comments: