Friday, June 21, 2013

The last and the first

Chris called just before 8, I was already awake but on the computer reading e-mail. Michele told me through Facebook that today was her last day. I exercised in less than the usual time. I ate breakfast early, and took a shower. In the shower it occurred to me that since today was Michele's last day, my fabric 'diet' was over. I can now buy fabric without guilt. No more tuition! Coincidentally, the Monday group had scheduled a buying trip for today. I met them at 10 at the church. We took two cars, both driven by women named Carolyn. The car I was in stopped along the way to pick up Lauri. We met the other car at Hooked On Quilting in Fayetteville, Tenn. It was a wonderful old farmhouse on a large lawn. Sadly the building needed repair and paint. I am sure the upkeep on an old building is overwhelming. Inside were 4 rooms of fabric, 3 of which were on sale at 29% off. I had a ball picking out bolts and stacking them up. There were not many people there so it was easy to get around and see it all. When the cutting table was free, I (with help) carried all my bolts up. I did not think the table was large enough to cut, and sure enough, she measured and then ripped off the required amount of fabric. While she worked, her daughter played the harp in the corner. It was lovely and unexpected. After everyone had checked out, both cars drove into the city to have lunch. We ate at a place called O'Houlihans. I ordered a small salad to go with the seaweed and boiled egg that I packed this morning. I also had a bottle of water. After lunch we drove back to Huntsville, dropping Lauri off at her car. When we got to the church, I offered Carolyn gas money, but she refused. I took my fabric home. Although it was 2:30, I put on my suit to sunbathe for 20 minutes. Then I ate some fruit and listened to an audio while writing the blog post for yesterday. I also checked my e-mail and heard Chris come home early. When he was settled in front of his laptop, I went out to mow the lawn. It was hot, as you would expect on the first day of summer. Sadly, that means the days get shorter for the next 6 months. I came in to drink several glasses of water and eat some frozen fruit. I tried calling my father, but he was in the supermarket and the connection was not good. We ate supper. I went outside to water some plants and ended up pulling weeds and trimming the four o'clocks. When I came in, I cleaned up a bit and we watched TV. We saw 2 or 3 episodes of Nightstalker and 2 of 3ed Rock. By then it was too late to try calling my dad, so we went to bed.

No comments: