Sunday, June 9, 2013

Saturday makeup blog post

Trying to get to sleep Friday night, I listened to 'brown noise', courtesy of Youtube. Supposedly it is the sound of Brownian motion. I am not sure it was any more effective than the pink noise. I went to bed drowsy, but had that restless leg feeling in my left leg and arm. That kept me from lying still enough to fall asleep. So I woke up late the next morning, read e-mail, and made breakfast. By then it was noon. I worked in the yard, pulling weeds and moving dirt. That lasted until I accidentally came in contact with a sprout of poison ivy. I dropped my tools and ran in to the bathroom to wash my hands. I meant to put away the trowel and clippers, but I forgot all about yardwork and went downstairs instead. I saw a piece of quilt backing lying folded on my ironing board. Chris must have put it there when he finished the laundry. So I ironed it. Then seeing the teal and orange fabrics on my cutting table, I went up to the desktop computer to work on selecting a pattern to use with it. I now have 74 possible quilts in EQ4. I listened to audios as I worked. I made a salad for supper, using up as much of the remaining ingredients as possible. Chris' usual Saturday night game got canceled because not enough players showed up. So we watched TV instead. I saw an ornate marble floor in one episode of Bones that would look great in a quilt. Chris said he could print it out for me. I googled it, but could not find a pic of it on the net. We watched too many episodes and went to bed very, very late.
* One quilt from EQ4 *

No comments: