Sunday, June 30, 2013

The day after

When I got up Saturday morning, I did not feel good. I wasn't sick exactly, but had no energy. I wanted to post to my blog for last night, but my eyes had trouble focusing. It was a bright sunny day so I put on my bathing suit and laid in the sun. I contemplated mowing the lawn, but did not have the energy for that. I laid down for a bit, and had breakfast. I listened to an audio while reading e-mail. I picked a cucumber and ate it. Cathy called to ask how I wanted my green quilt quilted. I baited two mousetraps with moldy cheese and set them inside the HVAC unit. Then I opened the software for my handout. I figured if people only look at the pictures and diagrams, then the diagrams needed to be self-explanatory. If I ever get to teach this class again, Ill be ready. I tweaked the diagrams this way and that. I re-wrote steps 4 and 5 because we did not have room to do it the original way. I changed those diagrams too. I changed the shading in many steps, and added some text and labels. My eyes hurt, but in a way it was fun and challenging. I discovered inconsistencies in the original diagrams, which I corrected. Suppertime came and went but I didn't notice. Chris gamed with the voices, and took a break to remind me to eat. But I wasn't ready to stop. I only stopped when I heard him having a post-game chat with Michele. So I got on Skype with her. She is recovering from a bad cold or flu. We had a nice chat, but it ended up with us reading xkcd comics to each other, and then to ourselves. That meant it was time to say goodbye. Chris had already gone to bed. I stayed up to blog for yesterday and today. Good heavens, it is after midnight.
* These are blocks that students made during Lisa's class. I wish I had known we could pin blocks to the walls when I taught my class. *
** It occurs to me that if people don't read quilt instructions, why would they read my blog? Maybe I need to write less and put in more pictures. **

No comments: